Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy Birthday

Today would have been my mother's 82nd Birthday,

 For years she thought she was born on New Years Day.. 
She was born at home and the family always celebrated on New Years Day,
it was not until she passed, when we got her birth certificate that we found out it  was really  12-31-28 and not 1-1-28
in fact she was a year younger then what she told people! 
there's some family trivia.

The above picture is the only picture we have as my mother as a child.
It was given to me after my mother passed away
  I cherish it more then anything
It's the photo I use on my blog
Every year my sister and myself would call my mother at midnight, 
no matter what we were doing for New Years Eve 
and wish her a Happy Birthday
What I would give to pick up the phone at midnight tonight
and wish her Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday Mom


No comments: